The Conwy, a majestic six-tier cake, is as delicious as it is beautiful. Made up of five of the finest cheeses Wales has to offer, plus a guest cheese from our Celtic cousins at the Cornish Cheese Company, this cake will serve between 110 and 180 people. For larger weddings we can add additional tiers or provide extra cheeses to serve alongside the cake.
This show-stopping centrepiece features some of the most gorgeous natural-rinded cheeses we know, including Hafod Cheddar and Gorwydd Caerphilly. A feast for the eyes as well as for the tummies!
If you’d like to try all of the cheeses in this cake you can order the Conwy taster box here.
If you’d like to discuss your cake requirements with us please call, or email us at [email protected].
*Please see below for our flexible Covid policy.
This cake consists of:
- Gorwydd Caerphilly 4kg
- Hafod Cheddar 5kg
- Perl Wen 1.2kg
- Mon Las 2.5kg
- Cornish Blue 500g
- Cenarth Brie 200g
Total weight 13.4kg (approx)
Total height 45cm (approx)
Diameter of base layer 25cm (approx)
~This cake is provided undecorated.~
Price includes delivery. Please select a delivery date at least 2 days before the wedding day. If your wedding is within 4 months you can select a date from the drop down menu on the checkout page. If it is further in advance please email us with the required delivery date.
Orders for wedding cakes must be placed a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
Conwy Cheese Wedding Cake
- Gorwydd Caerphilly 4kg Gorwydd Caerphilly is matured for longer than most farmhouse Caerphillys, which gives it a unique depth of flavour. It has a firm, lactic, lemony core and a creamy more savoury layer just beneath the rind which is known as the ‘breakdown’.
- Hafod Cheddar 5kg Hafod is an unpasteurised mature Cheddar-style cheese made by hand with milk from the herd of Ayrshire cows at the Holden Farm Dairy on Bwlchwernen Fawr, Wales’ longest certified organic dairy farm.
- Perl Wen 1.2kg One of Caws Cenarth’s best loved cheeses, Perl Wen is a unique and delightful cross between a traditional Brie and a Caerphilly.
- Mon Las 2.5kg Mon Las is an intensely rich and creamy blue cheese made by Caws Rhyd y Delyn on Anglesey. This deliciously creamy and salty cheese is a Welsh take on a traditional Gorgonzola.
- Cornish Blue 500g This subtle, buttery blue is made by the Phillip and Carol Stansfield of the Cornish Cheese Company on Bodmin Moor. Cornish Blue has collected a string of awards over the years including World Champion Cheese at the World Cheese Awards.
- Cenarth Brie 200g This traditional French style Brie from Caws Cenarth has a distinctive and well-rounded mushroomy flavour which develops with age. It has a creamy white interior synonymous with a classic Brie, and a delightfully gooey centre.
*Some of these truckles will occasionally be out of season or out of stock. When this is the case we will replace them with something as similar as possible.
*All weights are approximate as these cheeses are all hand made so all truckles are slightly different.
All orders are sent out in our attractive recyclable gift boxes, with all cheese wrapped in our wool-based biodegradable insulation which will keep your cheese chilled and well-protected during its journey.
We send all orders for overnight delivery with one of the UK’s leading couriers. Please allow an extra day for deliveries to the highlands and islands.
Don’t forget that you can open our gift boxes out to reveal a map of Wales with the locations of all of our artisan cheesemakers!