This five-tier cake makes a stunning centre-piece. It incorporates several Welsh favourites including the delicious traditional Hafod Cheddar and organic Perl Las blue. The Caernarfon cake’s cheeses are made by Wales’ most respected artisan cheese-makers, including Caws Teifi, Caws Cenarth and Holden Farm Dairy. It will serve between 85 and 130 people.
If you’d like to try all of the cheeses in this cake you can order the Caernarfon taster box here.
If you’d like to discuss your cake requirements with us please call, or email us at [email protected].
*Please see below for our flexible Covid policy.
This cake consists of:
- Hafod Cheddar 5kg
- Perl Las 2.5kg
- Perl Wen 1.2kg
- Celtic Promise 550g
- Tysilio 180g
Total weight 9.23kg (approx)
Total height 34.5 (approx)
Diameter of base layer 24cm (approx)
**This cake is provided undecorated.**
Price includes delivery. Please select a delivery date at least 2 days before the wedding day. If your wedding is within 4 months you can select a date from the drop down menu on the checkout page. If it is further in advance please email us with the required delivery date.
Orders for wedding cakes must be placed a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
*Covid restrictions? Order with confidence!
If you need to make adjustments to your plans we are very flexible and happy to assist you. Whether it be a change in wedding date or amendment to the wedding cake size/amount of cheese ordered due to changes in government guidelines, we completely understand and we will do everything we can to accommodate this. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Caernarfon Cheese Wedding Cake
- Hafod Cheddar 5kg Hafod is an unpasteurised Cheddar made by hand with milk from the herd of 65 Ayrshire cows at the Holden Farm Dairy on Bwlchwernen Fawr, Wales’ longest certified organic dairy farm.
- Perl Las 2.5kg Perl Las is a superb Welsh blue cheese made by Carwyn Adams in Carmarthenshire. This delicious golden cheese has been a Gold Medal Winner at the World Cheese Awards.
- Perl Wen 1.2kg One of Caws Cenarth’s best loved cheeses, Perl Wen is a unique and delightful cross between a traditional Brie and a Caerphilly.
- Celtic Promise 550g Celtic Promise is a rind-washed cheese made by John Savage-Onstwedder on his organic family farm in the Teifi Valley. Celtic Promise has a delicate buttery texture and a distinctively pungent aroma. In 2018 Celtic Promise won a coveted 3 star Great Taste award.
- Tysilio 180g This beautiful goats’ cheese is made using milk from a mixed herd of Saanan, Toggenburg and Alpine goats at Cors yr Odyn farm on Anglesey. Light and fresh, it’s goats’ milk cheese at its best.
*Some of these truckles may occasionally be out of season or out of stock. When this is the case we will replace them with something as similar as possible.
*All weights are approximate as these cheeses are all hand made so all truckles are slightly different.
All orders are sent out in our attractive recyclable gift boxes, with all cheese wrapped in our wool-based biodegradable insulation which will keep your cheese chilled and well-protected during its journey.
We send all orders for overnight delivery with one of the UK’s leading couriers. Please allow an extra day for deliveries to the highlands and islands.
Don’t forget that you can open our gift boxes out to reveal a map of Wales with the locations of all of our artisan cheesemakers!